Tuesday 18 October 2011

Chosen song- Giving you up by Miley Cyrus



As part of my poll I asked people whether they preferred 'Giving You Up' by Miley Cyrus or 'Take Me Along', as more and more people answered the poll I was very glad to realise that the majority of people preferred Giving You Up. I was glad of this because as time went on, the more I listened and evaluated both the songs I was more drawn to do Giving You Up, and the idea's that I had in my head seemed to fit more with this particular song. The theme of the song is love and loss and due to the conventions of love songs generally involving talking about aspects of relationships and feelings in a good way and then loss having conventions of more or less the same thing but in a bad, or sad way, I have to make sure the ideas I include in my music video represent the both of these. Because of the theme of the song I also have to make sure the conventions I use have to fit to a female perspective as it is a female artist. During my first year of college when we were shown the second years music video's I had always had this idea in my head that I wanted to do a sorrowful song which has a lot of meaning behind it. The song Giving You Up is replicable to this, so I am happy I have been successful in finding a song that fits within my original ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment